Lord of the Lakes Council Meeting
June 20, 2017
Attendance: Geoff Hendren, Bill Grau, Gail Gardner, Joe Groholski, Kari Nigl, Pastor Kevin Heffernan, Kerry Arent, Wayne Ludkey
Pastor opened the meeting with a prayer and devotion.
Election of 2017/2018 Officers and Committee assignments:
Geoff Hendren – President
Joe Groholski – Vice President
Gail Gardener – Treasurer
Kari Nigl – Secretary
Ken Mueller – Youth Group
Bill Grau – Buildings & Grounds
Kerry Arent – Stewardship
Pastor Kevin – Worship
- Pastor Kevin updated us on his month.
Building & Grounds
- Weed killer was applied and the grass has improved.
- Red, White, & Blue service planned for July 4th.
- Outside service scheduled for 7/16. Will also have 8am service at church that day.
- The youth are leaving for their mission trip to Kansas City MO on 7/16, and will return on 7/23.
Courtney held a successful team building experience with the group.
- Gail updated council the past monthly finances. Please refer to her report.
- We would like to continue to encourage members to sign up for Simply Giving, our auto giving program. Kerry and Wayne to look further into the pros and cons of online giving, and/or a phone app.
- Council to take steps to hire the maintenance person. Geoff will talk with members who have helped hire positions in the past.
- Share and Care program – Kerry Arent discussed creating a display of small to large needs for the church. This would be above and beyond regular giving. More to come as this project comes together.
- Sunday school and Youth update – Pastor Kevin discussed a fun, new program to help integrate families in the classrooms. A new way to mix the adults and kids together. They are having a meeting this Sunday to plan further.
- Church usage fee – this was recently increased from $25 to $50. The people who currently use our space, such as the piano lessons, and yoga classes, will stay at $25 fee for the rest of this year. New users will be charged the $50.
- New safe for the office has been delivered.
- Cleaning cost of the church was discussed.
- Mental Health program – Pastor Kevin will be working with a pilot program through Samaritan Counseling. This is composed of mental health professionals, churches, and police departments. It is designed to help train people in the community. Pastor and Geoff to attend a meeting this week.
Pastor Kevin closed the meeting with a prayer.
Geoff will give the devotion for the August meeting.
No meeting in July unless urgent needs arise.
Next meeting August 15th 5:30 pm, at the Hendren’s house, down the road from church, at 5915 Harbour South. Families are invited to swim and relax. Hendrens will provide hamburgers and brats. Council members please bring a dish to pass.