MEETING OF THE WORSHIP TEAM, TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019
Pastor Kevin called the meeting to order and opened with prayer.
Present: Dana Hartel, Pastor Kevin Heffernan, Margaret Kohl, Sarah Miller, Lani Stanek, and Pam Ulness
Absent: Valerie Gulke, Cindy Hendren, Jody Kell, Holly Nelson, Ellen Smolinski, and Kristen Woods
The following spring and summer schedules/worship services were discussed by the Worship Team:
LENTEN SEASON AND EASTER:
- Worship service for Maundy Thursday will be held on April 18 at 6:30 p.m. at Lord of the Lakes.
- Good Friday worship service is scheduled on April 19 at 6:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church with John and Linda Harmon planning a special service.
- Easter worship services will be held at the usual 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. at Lord of the Lakes with an Easter breakfast scheduled between services to be served by the Youth Group with the help of Lou and Karen Zwicky and Kate Pfaendtner. We are hopeful that Jody Kell will be back from her medical leave; but, if not, Tammy Wright will continue as our pianist.
- A short discussion was held on appropriate decorations in the sanctuary to represent the spirit of Pentecost, especially for that particular Sunday worship services.
- It was suggested that we hang paper doves from the ceiling similar to the hanging stars during the Christmas season. Pastor Kevin will speak with Tammie Voelkel-Fox with regard to assembling these mobiles.
SPECIAL STRAWBERRY TREAT DURING COFFEE FELLOWSHIP:
- Pam Ulness expressed the idea of having Strawberry “Sunday” again whenever strawberries are in season, most likely May or June, and everyone agreed this is an enjoyable event. Strawberry sundaes would be served during Coffee Fellowship time by the Worship Team. Pastor Kevin will speak with Cindy Hendren to see if she would, again, be willing to chair this event.
BOATING/BIBLE STUDY FOR MEN:
- This special outdoor event for men is, again, scheduled for four weeks in June. If necessary, Pam Ulness offered a pontoon for this purpose. Sarah Miller mentioned she is hoping to organize an event for women of this nature, too.
SUMMER OUTDOOR SERVICE:
- Pastor Kevin expressed that he would like to schedule a summer outdoor worship service. Winneconne Park or Marble Park would be possibilities, however, these facilities are not always available unless reserved sometime in advance and do require deposits for their use. Last summer, the service was held in our Gathering Area with doors open to the back yard for people to enjoy summertime and the picnic– potluck lunch was set up indoors.
- Pastor Kevin asked team members to give this further thought and get back to him with any workable ideas for this outdoor service.
ECUMENICAL WORSHIP SERVICE – SOVEREIGN STATE DAYS:
- The Ecumenical Worship Service was held on Sunday morning last July in the pavilion at Marble Park. Pastor Kevin believes he is the assigned pastor for the worship service this year during the Sovereign State Days celebration.
There being no further business, Pastor Kevin adjourned the meeting with prayer. The next meeting of the Worship Team is scheduled for Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Margaret Kohl, Recording Secretary