Lord of the Lakes Church

Buildings & Grounds Meeting Minutes, January 23, 2017

 Neil opened meeting at 6:31 P.M.    The following were present: Neil Bjornstad, Dennis Cartwright, Daryl Ramlow, Warren Winter, Joe Groholski, & Betts Nikolai

NOTE**   December 2016 meeting was cancelled due to weather.  It was decided to cancel Building & Grounds December meeting totally and meet at our next scheduled Monthly meeting that was due to take place on January 10, 2017.  January 10th meeting was cancelled due to weather & rescheduled for January 23.

Maintenance Tasks:   December & January

  • Strip & Wax floors in Sanctuary & Youth Room. This will be done at Spring Clean-Up
  • Furnace Filters were not changed Warren to take care of.
  • Backflow preventer test, Neil to call Kascade Plumbing to schedule.
  • 5 Year Fire Sprinkler Inspection due. Last done in 2011.  Our quarterly Inspection is due in March 2017.  Neil to call and coincide the two of these somewhere around March 14th
  • Furnace filter inventory. Warren to take inventory, compare pricing, and order.

Old Business: 

  • Camp fire area, Volley Ball Court, & Raised garden. Recommendation that these all be removed if they are not being used.  Joe G.  said that these areas would probably be where prairie garden would be.  Joe to address with Council.
  • Oak Tree in Parking lot was trimmed, and wood removed.
  • HVAC parts – per John he cannot sell as they are used, could put on Craig’s list but a lot of work.  It was decided to get all parts in one area, (basement) and recycle.  This will be done at Spring Clean-up.
  • HVAC – System training – no word from Terry Korus at this time.
  • Joe G. will be taking care of the Flag.  He and Warren will check out Flags that are in the Basement.  If they are not in good condition he will take care of getting a new one and getting it up.

New Business:

  • Kate P. offered to donate a new garbage disposal to church. This was okayed by team.
  • Betts to contact Jill to have her send the Yearly Maintenance Schedule to Neil. (Need to add Inspection & cleaning of Grease Trap Pit).  To be done every 2-3 years.  Look at yearly and evaluate.   (Done 2/09/16)
  • Maintenance Position. Joe was asked if there was any progress per Council.  He said Council was waiting on us.  We are ready.   Neil/Joe to talk to Council/Pastor in regard to this.
  • Budget for Next year.   We will use the same Budget as last year with one exception.  We will add Parking Lot Maintenance under a new line item.  This will be to repair/ seal/ stripe parking lot.  We do have a couple quotes and these Companies will need to be contacted to see if they will honor those quotes.

Next B & G Meeting is  Monday, February 13 , 2017 @ 6:30.

Meeting adjourned at 7:32 P.M.

Meeting Minutes respectively submitted by Betts Nikolai