Lord of the Lakes Church, Buildings & Grounds Meeting Minutes, March 13, 2018

Neil opened meeting at 6:30 P.M.    The following were present:  Neil Bjornstad, Tim White, Warren Winter, Daryl Ramlow, Dennis Cartwright, Lou Zwicky, Tom Zillges, Jerry Bruss, & Betts Nikolai

Monthly Maintenance:

  • Back Flow Preventer Test completed by Cascade Plumbing 03/12/2018
  • Quarterly Inspection Completed 03/06/2018 by U.S. Alliance Fire. They recommended changing circuit breaker because of issue with the compressor. Daryl to take care of.


  • Compressor is holding it’s own. We will continue to Monitor.
  • Tim White did check into Vendors that deal with Pro Lon Systems. There were three that he came up with:   Bredan Mechanical Systems     Milwaukee, WI

Mared Mechanical Contractors    Milwaukee, WI

Just Service, Inc.         Milwaukee, WI.

Daryl does have a friend who works with Bredan Mechanical.  He will make contact with him to get imput.  The plan is to get someone who is knowlegable with the system to make sure it is set-up correctly. We may have to invest in getting someone to come in and look at it.

Old Business:

  • Youth Room Floors . Tape was not removed when I checked last time.  Will check with Courtney.
  • Security System update None reported.

New Business:

  • Budget: Neil handed out Print out of Expenses Incurred from April 1, 2017 Thru March 5, 2018 & Projected Budget for 2018-2019
  • Flag:  New rope is in for Flag.  Either Tim or Joe Groholski will take care of getting Flag back up.
  • Back Hall needs to be painted. Tim did talk Ray Zegers.  It is not clear whether they are to paint over the mural.  Tim to talk to Pastor/ Council on this.  He also mentioned he may talk to Men’s Club about taking this project on.
  • Digital Sign for Messages/Annoucements: Monitor/ Software   around $1000.00

Other Option     $300.00 – $700.00

  • Outside Sign Project: Daryl brought in 2 pictures of Signs.  One was a Digital Sign that had room under for Additional announcements that was not digital.   This sign was done in phases over several years.

The second picture was a sign that Daryl designed.  It was not digital but looked amazing.   Discussion ensued and Neil asked that we all keep our eyes open and look at different Church Signs around and take pictures.  It was then discussed that we get an idea of cost from a Sign Company so we know about what we are looking at financially.  Several members of the committee liked the idea of going digitally, but doing in phases.

  • Concrete Slab: This would be located out the back doors.  A concrete slab with picnic tables and some type of shade or umbrellas, for people to gather outside.  First we would need to locate the conduit before we started this project.  Daryl will check into this.  We would also need an estimate on concrete.  Dennis plans to bring this up at men’s club to see if there would be and interest in them helping.
  • Spring Lawn Maintenance:   Tom Z.  did contact Green Boyz Inc. regarding Spring fertilizing and weed control.   They will take care of.
  • Parking Lot : Tom Z.  did contact Fox Valley in regard to a updated estimate on doing parking lot.  He has not received as of yet and will let us know at next meeting.
  • Spring Clean-Up: Betts brought up looking at Calendar for dates on the Spring Clean-up.  She will contact Jill/Ellen to see what is on the Church Calendar for mid to Late April or early May.  Dates we would be looking at would be April 15th, 22nd, & 29th,  & May 6th or 20th.  Date to be set at next meeting.

Next B & G Meeting is Tuesday,  April 10,  2018 @ 6:30.

Meeting adjourned at  7:34 P.M.  Meeting Minutes respectively submitted by Betts Nikola