SUNDAY SCHOOL AND YOUTH GROUP
Sunday School is from 9:05am to 9:45am ~ children Age 4 – 5th grade.
Welcome to the Lord of the Lakes Sunday School Program!
Sunday School Goals
- To bring the good news of Jesus Christ to all children.
- To support and develop staff and parents so we can sustain our high caliber programs into the
- To have substantial parent involvement and excellent communication.
- To create a program where the children feel valued and have fun so they can’t wait to come
- back each week.
- To continue to grow our enrollment by encouraging opportunities to bring others into the
- To provide education of the Bible through learning expectations per grade level.
- To provide children with lasting adult and child friendships grounded in good Christian beliefs.
- To provide a balanced approach to learning through:
- Classroom study/activities
- Outreach/service to others
- Worship service opportunities
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
It takes a lot of man power to run a Sunday School program. There are many opportunities with different commitment levels to take advantage of. Volunteers do not have to be a Sunday School parent to help: all are welcome. Volunteer opportunities include: Crafts, Christmas Program Team, Volunteer in the classroom- ask the teacher where help is needed
Classroom Assignments and Teachers
• Roster of students will be shared with teachers
• Assigned grade will be posted on classroom doors
• If class sizes are small, they may need to be combined with another grade
Curriculum and Benchmarks- SPARK-Activate Faith
Throughout the school year the following will be taught with our students:
Pre‐Kindergarten (3/4yr olds): “This Little Light of Mine” & “Jesus Loves Me”
Kindergarten & 1st grade: The Lord’s Prayer
2nd & 3rd grade: Learn how to use the Bible and The Ten Commandments
4th & 5th Grade: The Apostles Creed and review all previous benchmarks
Children singing performances
Children’s Christmas Program, Easter program, and other services
• Early commitment to participate is encouraged to help with planning parts; we are requesting a decision by the first Sunday in October
• Parts are assigned : speaking parts are given to older children first, non‐speaking parts and behind the scenes help is usually needed
• Songs will be taught during Sunday School hour
• Parents are asked to assist child in learning parts
• Safety and Health
• Please fill out registration forms accurately as these forms are kept in the office
- Parent/guardian cell numbers
- Emergency contacts
- Allergy information
- Any other special concerns/information about child that would be useful to teachers
• Parents are always welcome to visit the classroom
• Parents are encouraged to bring any concerns to a Coordinator or the Youth Programs Staff
Each Sunday we come to church to worship our Lord. It is a great time for learning about God’s Word and fellowship. However, it is important for us to use our “Church Manners” when we are in the Lord’s House. The idea is that the children will not only practice these in Sunday School, but also in church. What are “Church Manners”? It’s really simple – just need to remember the following:
Respect – Respect for the church, Respect for your teachers, and Respect for each other. What does this mean? Walking in the hallway, using a good level voice, listening while your teachers/pastor are talking, and keeping your hands/feet/etc to yourself.
Participate in the church service, Participate in class. What does this mean? Try to sing along with the hymns, follow the scripture in your bulletin or on the screen, pay attention during church service and Sunday School. Participate in class activities and discussions.
Prepare to listen and learn about God’s Word. What does this mean? Make sure you’ve used the restroom, picked up your snack, practiced your memory work, and are ready for class to begin promptly at 9:00. We only have 45 minutes and each minute counts. Unnecessary distractions are disruptive and are not fair to the rest of the class.
Coordinator: Sarah Walsh
Phone: 920-410-2516 Email: email@example.com
Youth Programs staff: Courtney Still
Phone: 920-582-2622 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Lord of the Lakes Youth Group
(grades 6-12)Courtney Still ~ Lord of the Lake Youth Group Coordinator Contact info: 920-419-1031 or email@example.com
The Youth Group ministry includes devos, DVDs, Teen Bible study, and thought-filled youth-driven discusssions all in the way cool Youth Room! The Youth Group will accelerate your faith, getting you up to speed with God and moving your spiritual growth into the fast lane! We talk about friends, family, school, relationships and other issues. We will help you keep in step with all He has done, is doing, and will do in the world – and in your life. The Bible will help you discover the eternal truths of God’s Word and help apply them to the issues you face today.
In 2014, the Youth Group is going on a Mission Trip to Niagara Falls, NY – leaving June 7! What an awesome way to share God’s love with others. We are very excited to be able to do this through our fundraising efforts.
- Sundays we meet in the Youth Room from 9am – 9:45am
- Wednesdays – the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of the month meet from 6pm – 8pm
- New! High School Group meets the 3rd Wednesday from 6pm – 8pm, once a month